The National Adaptation Forum COVID Guidelines & Requirements
As of October 10, 2022
EcoAdapt is committed to creating a safe, welcoming, inclusive, and interactive environment for the 5th National Adaptation Forum. After a long hiatus, we are eager to meet in-person, but we also recognize the ongoing uncertainty associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and want to assure all participants that your health and safety are our top priorities. To that end, we are implementing the following guidelines that we hope will make you and your colleagues comfortable and safe.
These guidelines are subject to change as new information becomes available and as new guidance is issued by the State of Maryland, Baltimore, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), or other advisory body. Forum policies will either align with or be more stringent than local policies.
National Adaptation Forum COVID Guidelines:
- Full Vaccination Required. Proof of full vaccination is required for all attending the in-person Forum. Currently, the CDC considers individuals to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines when an individual has received all doses in the primary series (i.e., two doses of Pfizer or Moderna; one dose of Johnson & Johnson) and all recommended boosters*. Proof of full vaccination will be required when you check in at the registration desk along with a government issued photo ID**. A paper copy or photo of your vaccination card on your phone will be accepted. We will not retain copies of your proof of vaccination. (*The Fall 2022 bivalent booster is highly recommended but not required. We ask for your cooperation to ensure you’re as protected as possible for you and your fellow Forum participants.)
- Those unable to be fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of checking in at the registration desk. Antigen tests cannot be accepted. Self-reported negative test results that are not from a test provider, laboratory, or health care provider cannot be accepted. Acceptable test documentation includes: Printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) or an email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory. The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result. A matching photo ID* is required.
- Be a good neighbor. When outside the venue during the meeting, we ask that attendees take the necessary precautions to ensure they limit their exposure to COVID. This includes, but is not limited to: wearing a mask while indoors, social distancing, avoiding crowds, and enjoying meals outdoors.
- Mask Wearing Required. This event will be masked to ensure attendee safety except while attendees are eating or drinking in designated areas. In addition, attendees can remove masks while at a podium presenting. Hotel staff interacting with attendees will be required to follow local guidance, and requested to follow Forum meeting guidelines.
- Sanitize. Hand sanitizer will be provided at the registration desk, throughout the meeting space, and during meals.
- Protect your peers. If you have COVID symptoms while at the meeting, please remove yourself from Forum event spaces, isolate, seek professional medical advice as soon as possible, and get tested. Notify event staff at Info@NationalAdaptationForum.org that you are symptomatic or if you test positive. We will share information about a positive test with attendees, but will maintain your anonymity.
- The staff at the registration desk can provide a list of locations in Baltimore where COVID tests are administered.
Additional Notes About COVID Safety:
- Hotel staff are required to follow the COVID policies set forth by the Marriott, Baltimore, the State of Maryland, and CDC. As of July 2022, there is no vaccine requirement for Marriott employees and there is no mask mandate for the City of Baltimore.
- Conference proceedings will take place on two floors of the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront and will be largely isolated from the rest of the hotel and general public. Only registered participants who have met the above requirements will be allowed to enter the Forum meeting space.
**Photo ID Requirement:
In addition to providing proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test, participants 18 or older must present a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport. Participants younger than 18 may present a government-issued photo ID or a school photo ID as an alternative. Participants younger than 18 who do not have either a government-issued ID or school photo ID can only attend performances in the company of an adult who provides the required ID and vaccine documentation for themselves and can also provide documentation for the minor’s test results or vaccination verification.
COVID-19 policies will continue to be closely monitored and updated as necessary throughout the next year. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to the Forum Team, Info@NationalAdaptationForum.org.